So many wonderful whole grains out there, I've decided to experiment with some...last night I made a super easy and really yummy millet salad...i served it with some pan seared duck breast, peach chutney and broccoli....
- 1 cup millet
- 1 Tbs olive oil (optional)
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced into half moons then cut in half again
- 1/2 English cucumber cut into small dice
- 2 Tbs chopped black olives
- 3 Tbs chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1.5 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt black pepper
heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil if using, rinse and drain millet
add to skillet and toast stirring frequently for 7 mins or until a deep golden brown
add water and bring to a low boil, cover and lower heat cook for 20 mins undisturbed.
Combine olive oil, vinegar and salt in a bowl, whisk well. Add veggies, black pepper and millet - toss to combine - let stand at room temp at least 10 mins before serving