Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lollipops - with no corn syrup!!

My daughter really wanted a super big lollipop, and I promised her I would get her one - but i couldn't find one at the local market, didn't want to go all the way to the mall - looked at ones for sale online and was not happy with the ingredient list. I know I could make them at home, but I don't do a lot of candy making, and I don't have any corn syrup on hand and I don't have any special molds....but she really wanted a lollipop



Easy Lollipops

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/8 tsp cream of tarter
  • food coloring if desired

Combine sugar, water and cream of tarter in a heavy bottom saucepan. Heat over medium high heat stirring to dissolve sugar. Once sugar is dissolved stop stirring and continue to heat until syrup reaches 300 F, and starts to color (light amber) remove from heat and add food coloring if desired (can also add a flavor extract like mint or anise). Pour small circles around lollipop sticks (or Popsicle sticks) on a oiled granite surface (like your counter top) or marble slab. Let cool and then lift up and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment