Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hot Summer Nights - Antipasta and more



Its been so hot - sorry I haven't posted, been trying to keep cool! Last night I made a wonderful antipasto dinner, I bought some really wonderful prosciutto di parma, bread sticks, cappacola, salami - bought some marinated artichoke hearts, already had some roasted peppers, some home made pesto - made a quick three bean salad, had some marinated olives added a loaf of crusty bread - easy and delicious, oh of course I couldn;t completely resist cooking so I grilled some baby eggplants, just slice them lengthwise into 1/4" thick slices, salt them and let them sit in a strainer for an hour, rinse pat dry then brush with some herb infused olive oil, I used oregano then grill turning frequently for about 10 mins total...for desert I made a really intense basil lime sorbet - which was very refreshing!! the other night I made some grilled lamb and a nice greek inspired salad, find these on my youtube channel

No comments:

Post a Comment