Saturday, September 1, 2012

Chicken Stir Fry, Radish and Cucumber Salad

Tonight for dinner I had no idea what to make. I have boneless skinless chicken breasts, and I was thinking chicken parm, but my daughter wasn't too thrilled about the idea. So I made a chocolate ice cream base to put in the fridge so it can be good and cold when I put it in the ice cream maker after dinner, at least I know she'll love that. Still thinking about the chicken. I have broccoli, i have an onion, a yellow pepper and carrots - and some ginger root, garlic - I'll make a stir fry! Also have an English cucumber and some radishes, so I'll make a quick side salad with that and some rice - and there you go - dinner when I haven't had time to plan or run to the market.

Cucumber and Radish Salad

  • 1/2 an English cucumber cut into thin half moons
  • 6-8 radishes, cut into thin half moons
  • 1 Tbs rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
  • black pepper
  • salt
  • feta cheese (optional)
  • green onion (optional)
  • cubed garden tomatoes (optional)
  • fresh herbs - like dill, or thyme


Sprinkle about a tsp of salt over sliced cucumber and let drain in a colander. Combine rice vinegar and olive oil and black pepper, add a tsp of sugar if desired, whisk. Add radishes and drained cucumber to vinegar mixture and stir. Add some feta and dill if desired. Or add some tomato and thyme. You can also add green onion, or red onion - this works with just cucumbers as well, very refreshing salad with a touch of Asian flare.


No comments:

Post a Comment