Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hunger Games Cake

I  made this awhile ago, but I just found a picture and I wanted to share it. I love using color sugar sheets as an easy way to add a decorative element to a cake and here I used one in yellow to cut out a hunger games inspired mocking jay design



My daughter and her friends loved this cake, and i also made cupcakes with mocking jay pins as take home and keep toppers . The cake was a carrot cake, and the frosting cream cheese - the sugar sheet stuck just fine to it, although the general rule is to use a buttercream or fondant frosting to aid in the sheet adhering. Guess cream cheese frosting is similar to buttercream!



1 comment:

  1. That’s so cute! And it looks delicious, unlike other Hunger Games cake that looks too refined and dark to eat. Maybe you could share us the recipe and procedure some time? Thanks! Have a nice day!

    Jason Underwood @ La Patisserie

    ReplyDelete