- 6 yukon gold potatoes, peeled or not cut into 1/4 inch sticks
- 6 cups (about) canola oil
- paper towels or paper bags to drain fries on
Scrub your potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices, then stack the slices and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
Place potatoes in a large dutch oven and pour oil over to cover. Turn heat on to medium and let oil come to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, stir gently to unstick the fries from the bottom and continue to cook about another 10 mins or until golden, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon on tongs to paper towel lined plate and salt. Serve hot.
- 1.5 lbs cod loin
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1.75 cups sparkling water, beer or just water or milk