Thursday, June 4, 2009

Eggplant Parmesan and a chopped salad



Yesterday morning my daughter requested eggplant parm for dinner - one of her all time
favorites. I love my version because I don't use the oven at all. I paired it with a quick chopped salad made of what I could find in the fridge. Whenever I make eggplant parm, I keep a few of the eggplant slices just pan fried and serve them as an appetizer, without the tomato sauce and cheese - Jess calls these "Naked eggplants"
and she loves to take leftovers to school the next day ...
easy healthy meal, I like to get started early in the day. Breading the eggplants and then refrigerating them for several hours helps the coating to adhere and thereby reduces the amount of oil absorbed by the eggplants while sauteing.

No comments:

Post a Comment