Sunday, June 14, 2009

The weekend - chicken quesadillas and pico de gallo


well, my daughter and husband got sick so we had to cancel Saturdays dinner with friends. The good thing is I had already made a huge tray of Spinach lasagna. This dish freezes beautifully so I am ready to go whenever we reschedule the dinner party. The bad thing is I have a ton of mushrooms and I am not sure if I make my roasted stuffed mushrooms that they will freeze well, I am worried about the mushrooms ending up soggy...guess I will find out or figure out something else to do with them. Its hard to find time to write on the weekends, but I promise to keep up with this on weekdays. Might make chicken soup today, as everyone is still a bit under the weather around here.

Actually everyone is feeling a lot better, so I changed dinner plans. I made some quick pico de gallo, served it with blue corn chips for a starter. I grilled up some chicken breasts which I first marinated in a little olive oil, lime juice, chopped garlic, salt and pepper and a bunch of fresh thyme from my herb garden. Then I made some chicken quesadillas with jack cheese, green onions and the chicken - served it up with sour cream and the pico de gallo - great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment